CBM recognises the issues surrounding sustainability and the need to protect our fragile environment. We are committed to running our Company in a sustainable manner and contribute to both positive and negative impact on the environment.
We closely monitor our supply chain and endeavour to source materials from “green” suppliers, always assuring quality and client specific security requirements. Through close liaison with our clients we are able to align our sustainability policies and ensure that we do our bit to help protect the planet.
Throughout the CBM operation we apply a common sense approach to minimise our environmental impact. This includes:
- Measuring our energy consumption and applying targets to reduce energy usage
- Delivering solutions that enable our clients to minimise their environmental impact
- Provide our staff with training to improve environmental awareness
- Recycle waste paper, used printer cartridges, and use recycled products and materials whenever possible
Health & Safety
Safety and welfare of our staff is critical to our operation. We are proactive in the management of Health & Safety both in the UK and overseas with stringent policy and monitoring put in place.
CBM operates a continual programme of safety awareness training and refresher courses for all our staff. Everyone has a responsibility to uphold health & safety standards and practices and our Senior Management Team often carry out workplace inspections to ensure we are meeting our corporate responsibility.
We have a NeBosh accredited member of our Senior Management Team.
Our clients rightly expect the highest quality, and that’s exactly what they get with CBM. We employ the best in their profession, learn from their experiences and skills, and help them by using the best tools and technology available.
We implement our own Quality System based on the the requirements of BS EN ISO 9001:2000.
Key elements are:-
- Management commitment to the quality of our services
- Recruitment and retention of experienced and well trained staff
- A core of continual assessment and improvement
We ensure that client quality expectations are understood, delivered and supported by constant monitoring throughout the project.
Training & Development
CBM does not underestimate its most valuable asset – our staff. All managers, engineers and tradesmen are professionals in their own right and have qualifications and experience in their chosen profession.
We have a corporate commitment to ensure that our staff retain the highest possible levels of competence and skill and this helps to keep CBM on top of industry innovation and progress.
We firmly believe that teamwork and effective leadership is essential to successful delivery and motivation; and to this end we implement an on-going training schedule.
We’ve earned a reputation for quality and reliability. This is why our clients trust and empower us to deliver, time after time.
Equal Opportunity & Diversity
Equal Opportunity & Diversity is key to the success of our business. We operate in a multitude of different environments, countries and cultures. To do this effectively we need an equally diverse workforce, and in order to deliver successfully we welcome the widest variety of people who have the appropriate skills and enthusiasm.
All staff at CBM can contribute and develop in whatever way their abilities allow. We want to make the most of all that our employees have to offer so that we can provide our clients with the best possible service and further develop our business. Fairness and respect for individuals creates positivity and an atmosphere that generates success and well-being.
Our Equal Opportunity and Diversity policy supports the principle concept that all employees, including potential recruits, are equal regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion, religious belief or any other reason that might be assumed to limit their contribution or potential. However, due to the need for our staff to hold security clearance we can only offer employment to British Nationals.
All at CBM have a personal responsibility for the practical application of equal opportunities, demonstrated by respect for the individual, in their everyday dealings and working relationships with colleagues, clients, suppliers and others.
CBM operate in a global environment, delivering services, products and solutions for our clients and in many different situations. Insurance is an essential requirement and we’ve put in place several policies to protect our business, staff and clients.
We have the following policies in place:-
- Employers Liability – To cover CBM’s legal liability to pay damages by way of compensation for death, bodily injury or disease sustained by persons under a contract of employment / apprenticeship with CBM happening during the course of their employment
- Public Liability – To cover CBM’s legal liability to pay damages by way of compensation for injury to third parties and/or third party property damage.
- Products Liability – To insure CBM’s legal liability to pay damages by way of compensation for injury to third parties and/or third party property damage arising out of the sale or supply of products.
- Contract Works – All risks in respect of permanent and temporary works anywhere in the UK
- Professional Indemnity – Legal liabilities for financial loss in respect of advice given
- Business Travel – Business travel and travel injury benefits in respect of all Directors and employees of CBM and including labour only sub-contractors of CBM. Includes injury benefits, medical expenses/emergency repatriation and kidnap & extortion.
We have a range of policies in place to help us manage our business activities in a professional and responsible manner.
The following Policy documents are available on request:
- Security & Confidentiality
- Health & Safety
- Quality Management
- Equality Opportunity & Diversity
- Staff Training & Development
- Staff Absence